Thursday, March 23, 2006

You Grow Girl

One of my favorite things about yougrowgirl.com is that they make gardening hip. When I got interested in cooking and gardening, I thought it was the beginning of the end for me. Soon, I'd completely lose touch with my inner hipster and end up sipping tea and swapping seeds with other grey-headed, wrinkly old farts. But along comes You Grow Girl and it becomes possible to take on an indie-rock, alterna-chick gardening persona!

Their site offers gardening tips, recipes, gardeners' journals, and merchandise like that "Garden Hoe" t-shirt (hee hee) but my favorite part are the entries from the Adequate Gardener, Jane Eaton Hamilton. Judging by what she writes, she's more than adequate but she doesn't drive herself crazy trying to reach perfection. Hamilton is the logical heiress in the Post-Martha Stewart world of gardening. You know, now that Martha's building houses and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats