Sunday, May 21, 2006

They're Selling My Dissertation on Amazon!

Holy Toledo! When I've Googled my name in the past, I've always got millions of hits, the first of which are about a Relationship Coach/Self-Help expert or a Latin American Scholar who works at the Univsrstiy of Maine (I have always been green with envy of THAT Susan Campbell!). My name may as well have been Jane Smith. But this time, I Googled "Susan Marie Campbell" and the second entry on the list was MY DISSERTATION ON SALE AT AMAZON.CO.UK!!(??) Honestly, look!

Needless to say, I'm extatic but baffled. Clearly, the still-living poet, Tato Laviera, who stars in half my book (salsa musician, Ruben Blades, stars in the other half) has found a way to get it on Amazon along with his poetry.

But why would they sell a book about Nuyorican (Puerto Rican in New York) poetry and salsa music from English site?

12 Comments:

Blogger Ilva said...

Why not? They are selling mine as well on Amazon so why not yours?

10:31 AM  
Blogger hellomelissa said...

a true moment to puff up with pride. very cool, susan!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck now I'm gonna see what I come up with!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Lotus Reads said...

Wow, what a nice surprise, cool! And it's priced handsomely, too! :) I was at a second-hand bookstore the other day and I saw a pretty extensive book on cooking tools and utensils and the author was - you guessed it - Susan Campbell! :)

3:56 AM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Hi Ilva, Really? Did you somehow ask Amazon or your publisher to list it or did it just happen? And, what's your title?

Hello Melissa, Yeah, I wa sproud; my husband was ready to sue the publisher:)

Rowena, I'll bet you'll get a lot of restaurant reviews at least.

Lotus, Jeez, now there's another Susan Campbell for me to be jealous of. What I wouldn't give to be called Moxie Crime-Fighter or Gayatri Chakravorti Mendelbaum or something unique like that.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey that is so cool! I think everyone wishes to be published on amazon especially those who have blogs!

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a good eye for details...I loved how you likened the surinam cherries to little chinese lanterns. They do resemble them!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Corrie said...

wow! congrats! that's amazing! I will go check it out (we studied nuyorican poetry back in college)!

-Jackie

1:07 PM  
Blogger Tracie P. said...

damn girl! way to go...i hope you're gonna get some money out of it :)

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sue Congratulations. Is there any way for you to get some royalties from this? Shoot me an e-mail when you get time. Let me know what you think of my place! Love ya,
Bri

3:43 AM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Hey Bri,

Well, I signed a copyright page which is the first page of the book so I SHOULD get royalties. I'll keep you posted.

I e-mailed you about your rockin' condo. I didn't know how to place a comment there. I was on MySpace for a while until I noticed that the only people who tried to contact me were Italian men looking to hook up and one Russian prostitute. Eeesh!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous George Murray said...

Heh, now that’s cool! But, I think seeing your hard work on Amazon can really gave you a mix emotion on it. Your hard work and effort on dissertation writing would really pay off once you see the product in a site like that. Anyway, how much does it sell? Haha! :)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats