Wednesday, July 12, 2006

More Parisian Hospitality

The three times we've gone to Paris we have enjoyed the kindness and hospitality of people who are almost family. Two of those people are Marie and Ines (sorry Ines, I can't make accents work in blogger!). Each of them has hosted us in their spare rooms in the past and they both made us lovely meals this time around. Ines prepared a delicious lunch of chilled keftedes (lamb meatballs with Greek herbs) and a Greek salad which hit the sun-beaten spot after our flea market excursion to Clignancourt. Sadly, I had no camera that day. What you see above is the end of Marie's wonderful dinner party. She came up with a fruit and port wine pairing that was particularly good. Quarter a small melon, scoop out the seeds, fill the indentation with fresh raspberries then pour about a teaspoon of port wine on top and you'll see what I mean. Oh, and if you have a raspberry-melon colored tablecloth to go with, all the better.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sitting here reading this my friend sitting next to me says I'm going orgasmic.
Sounds beautiful.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Fruit and port wine...ooooooh! Must put port on the shopping list.

Lavender ice cream sounds divine, and to tell the truth, although it's fun to make your own gelato, there's nothing better than getting to choose between the colors of the rainbow at a gelateria. One of the few times that I get to feel like a kid! ;-)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Hi Tanna, I'll thank Marie for you!

Hi Rowena, I love the gelaterie too. It's especially great that they serve it on cones that have such a small diameter. Your 2 flavors of gelato are piled high on top and it looks like a huge amount mainly because of the tiny cone. My waist and thighs are thankful.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats