Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tag! I'm It

I have always been jealous of other bloggers getting tagged for a meme. It seemed like getting invited into a club, being somehow included. This is my virgin meme effort thanks to Lea at Copperpots. Thanks, Lea!
Here are the categories:


Five Things in My Freezer

1. Two "ice" cubes of pureed chipotles en adobo (awaiting chipotloe shrimp!)
2. Three plastic water bottles filled with beef stock (awaiting the next risotto)
3. One package of artichoke hearts
4. Nine (of a box of 10) of the cheapest, nastiest chocolate-covered ice-cream bars (which will remain until we move)
5. Enough dough for 2 servings of black, squid ink pasta


Five Things in My Closets
(like most Italians, I have no closets, just an armoire)

1. Hanging on the inside of the left door, Gabriel's tie collection
2. Hanging on the inside of the right door, my scarf collection
3. The extra weight inserts of my adjustable wrist/ankle weight set (awaiting my future hard-body status)
4. "The Tingler" Have you ever tried this?
5. A down sleeping bag


Five Things in My Car
(again, no car but I've got a bike!)

1. 1 speed
2. A front and rear basket
3. (At times) waste paper that rude people put in my baskets
4. (When I'm headed for work) my computer and briefcase
5. (When I'm headed back from the market) huge bags of fruits and veggies in both baskets.

Five Things in My Purse

1. Keys
2. A metal cigarette case that I use as a wallet
3. A non-functioning electronic phone book
4. Ponytail holders (a must)
5. My (fake or real?) Gucci change purse that my oldest friend, Debbie gave me for my 16th birthday. (Who cares if it's fake or real, it's lasted me for 2 decades!)Thanks, Deb!


Five People to Be Taggeg Next:

1. a.c.t at Into the Pot
2. June at Bread, Water, Salt, Oil
3. Melissa at Hello, Melissa!
4. Rowena at Rubber Slippers in Italy
5. Scott at Needs More Garlic

13 Comments:

Blogger a.c.t. said...

Fake or real, half the time the copies in Italy are so good, you can't even tell the difference. I have seen The Tingler advertised, it looks very good. I think you should turn on your word verification Susan, you seem to be getting spam (above).

12:19 PM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Hi a.c.t., The tingler is really funny. A friend once snuck up behing me at a dinner party and put it on my head and I jumped about 3 feet into the air. The thing is simultaneously advertized as a drug-less headache cure and as something that'll give you an "orgasmic" experience. Go figure.

1:54 PM  
Blogger a.c.t. said...

Well you've just convinced me, I have to get one now! I'll do the tag thing after the weekend, cheers.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your purse sounds interesting but I think I like the fridge best!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Tracie P. said...

i don't think fakes last that long! hey susan...it's been a while, but i hope you had fun on your trip :)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

squid ink pasta!? I MUST try this! Youve got some way cool stuff in your freezer!!

5:04 PM  
Blogger June said...

5 things in my freezer
vodka, breadcrumbs,bag of lime juice ice cubes,spinach, melted/frozen/melted/frozen/should be thrown out/lemon sorbet
5 things in my closet
no closet, this is Somerset, 5 things on the floor
15 Georgian glass rummers,1 pewter plate (film prop),1 calabash,sewing machine (hardly used!),exercise frame (ditto!)
5 things in my car
porcelain doll's house bathtub, Panama hat (genuine Ecuador),ruler,Spanish dictionary,wellies
5 things in my purse
1/2 lemon meringue pie, map of Cornwall,invitation to private view Tate Modern,tape recorder,digital camera (three of these are lies, you have to choose which)
5 tagees
Lindy at Toast,Liz at gastronomydomine,Bonnie at Daydream delicious, Betul at Rustic, Johanna at The Passionate Cook.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Hi Tanna, COme on over, 'cause we have to empty the freezer before we go on vacation and turn off the fridge!

Hi Tracie! I had a great time in Paris, thanks. I hope you're doing fine among the rich and famous tourists of the Amalfi Coast!

Hey Lea, Come on over and you, Tanna, Gabriel and I can eat some "pasta al nero di seppie" with a squid-tomato sauce.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Wow, June! Is a "rummer" a rum glass? And a "calabash" a decorative, dried pumpkin?

So, here are my guesses about what's really in your purse: Lemon meringue pie (false), Map of Cornwall (true), invitation to private view at the Tate Modern (I hope for you it's true), tape recorder (false), digital camera (false)

How'd I do?

12:52 PM  
Blogger June said...

Hi Susan
A rummer is a handblown glass goblet, solid in construction so that you can heat a poker in the fire and then stick it in your glass to heat up your rum (or whatever). I really ought to put them away.
A calabash is indeed a gourd, and it features greatly in The Arabian Nights; in Africa it's a lightweight (because gourd)large bowl, used in markets for things like beans (dried). I pointed at it and said 'That'. He said 'The beans?' I said, 'Not the beans, the bowl!'
No lemon meringue pie, no map of Cornwall, all the rest are true ( I lied about the number of untrue things!)
Very good!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Ah! Susan.. I only just realised the June had tagged me for this... I'm sorry I missed the chance.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats