Thursday, December 21, 2006

Surprise!! I'm in London!!!

Hi everybody. I was flying from Milan back home to Chicago with a 2 hour layover in London. Funny thing about London, as a city known for fog, it (we) is (are) experiencing a bit of foggy trouble. Airplanes have been able to arrive and depart at about 50% for the past 3 days. As I type there are thousands of stranded citizens of the world camping out at Heathrow and (I imagine Gatwick too) waiting just to go home. My 2 hour layover turned into a 3-day mini-vacation. I've decided to chuck the camping out and be a tourist for the time being. I head home on Saturday, that is if that flight isn't also cancelled. (AAAHHH!!!) So please pray for sun, pray for wind, 'cause I'd love to be back home before Santa comes down the chimney.

Note especially to June and a.c.t. or anyone else in/near London now: I'm at the Premier Travel Inn in Kew Bridge (sorry, have no number for that, but) if either/any of you wants to get lunch or dinner from now until Friday night, try calling the hotel.

Cheers!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ciao Susan - ack, I can't believe it! We also had a big problem back in August when we flew through London as well (the whole foiled-terrorist-plot thing) but I hope you get to enjoy the city!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope you make it home for the holidays!!!! All I can say is, enjoy your three day vacation.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Susan!

Yes, it's (the London airport delays) making primetime news here - fingers crossed you get out of there and on to Chicago pronto!

Let us know, good luck!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh, london!

oooh! chicago!

have fun in both cities. hope you make it home for the holidays!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Man On The Street said...

Wow, my two favorite cities, London and Chicago (not necessarily in that order. The weather is pretty mild here right now, so no white Christmas. In fact today (Friday) it's 55...somewhere Al Gore is smiling. And O'hare is a mess as well. Some people are being told they may no be able to leave out until two days from now.

Enjoy your return to the city. Go Bears!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Your blog is visually stunning. I know something of London. And of Italy, by traveling with a monk. I will be back for your 2007 food celebrations!

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes - Heathrow. By some acounts, the world'd busiest campground...

Here in Madison, WI, we have our own quota of stranded travelers. The transportation from MSP to CHI is not what it once was, and MSN cops the brunt of it.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays! Have fun with friends and family!

Best,
Paz

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you, got to your blog th' google searching 'Mysore Pak' recipe, what you wrote is 100 percent correct, loved your blog friend.
Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.


lakshmi

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Merry Christmas Susan...it's hot as heck here but at least now I am able to breathe a sigh of relief. Regarding your comment, I came back here to be a slave! ;-)

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

La Religieuse

Another version... from the web:

Eclair cake of the Nuns. This cake can take many forms. In miniature form it is made with a filled cream puff that is topped by a filled profiterole. It may also be made with as a pyramid of profiterole. In this version it is made with elongated éclairs that have been formed into a pyramid and filled with crëme Saint-Honoré.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats