5 Things You don't Know About Me - A Meme
Thanks, Scott from Needs More Garlic for tagging me on this one. Hmmm... I consider myself a rather transparent sort of person(not literally, of course) in that I don't really hide things and while this blog is more about food than it is about me, I feel like I've mentioned a bunch of little tidbits about my everyday life, so this might be hard. Let's see...
1. I've just discovered in my new job just how badly I write in Italian. I sound like a 5 year old and then sign: "Susan M. Campbell, Ph.D." Hilarious!
2. I almost became a fashion model: At the grocery store in college, a snakey man walked up to me and introduced himself. He reached into his pocket and, by the looks of him, I was sure he was going to pull out some drugs to sell or maybe a gun, but he actually just pulled out his card and that of a Chicago modelling agency. When he said he was a photographer, I figured he was a pornographer (see #3 about my anxiety). After my mom made sure the agency wasn't a front for a porn operation, she made me an appointment to see the talent agent. The inteview went rather well, considering. I was complimented on my cheekbones and skin condition and asked to come back one day when my Henna-dyed orange, shaved below the temples hairdo had grown out. By the time it did, I'd lost all interest in modelling. To this day, I'm sure I dodged a bullet.
3. I have clinical anxiety. I have to convince myself to calm down on a regular basis because you would NOT believe what my gut instinct usually tells me.
4. Some of my friends still call me by my high school nickname, Soup.
5. I'm claustrophobic. No problem in elevators or crowded rooms but put me in the back seat of a Volkswagen Rabbit where I can't stretch out my arms or legs and I flip!
So that's it. 5 confessions. I now tag Sara of Ms. Adventures in Italy and Angela of Type A All the Way