Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Greek Yogurt with Wild Blackberry Preserves

One of our favorite Greek vacation house pastimes is making preserves out of the abundant fruit harvest from the grounds around the house. The wild blackberries that grow along the road and footpaths are large and sweet. If you follow a general recipe here and your preserves turn out just a little liquidier than "set", they make a great topping for the super-dense Greek yogurt. In summer, we spend mornings lingering a bit over breakfast because we have such good stuff like this to eat.

6 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

That picture made me go 'ohh!'. It looks totally dreamy.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Hi Julia, Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you do any more food round-ups.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Lotus Reads said...

Glad you're back, Susan, I've missed you!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Everything is great with Greek yogurt. I loved it drizzled in honey and sprinkled with walnuts!! Not a Greek yogurt to be found here I'm afraid; and straining it in cheesecloth doesn't improve the flavour. I guess I'll just have to return to Greece....

3:19 PM  
Blogger Beenzzz said...

My mouth is watering just looking at this photo!

6:19 PM  
Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

yum! that picture is driving me mad...i want some!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats